DuMA and Heritage Works partner to present a series of walking tours of Dubuque architecture.
Walk and Talk and Ale and Architecture will provide insights into Dubuque’s historic buildings.
Walk and Talk are 45-60 minute lunchtime tours in downtown Dubuque including the Historic Federal Building, the Roshek building, US Bank and the Grand Opera House. Tours will focus on form and function with interior/exterior interpretation.
Ale and Architecture consists of 90-120 minute walking tours of bars in the historic upper and lower Main Streets. Patrons will make 2-3 stops in bars along the route and can purchase their own drinks at each stop. Tours will be given by Jason Neises, Vice Chair of the Dubuque County Preservation Committee.
Call the Museum at 563-557-1851 if you have any questions, or if you are unable to use the online form above.
- May 16, 2019 – Ale & Architecture: Dubuque’s Urban Renewal
- June 20, 2019 – Walk & Talk: Roshek Building
- July 18, 2019 – Ale & Architecture: Millwork District
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Walk & Talk: Five Flags Theater
- Sept. 19, 2019 – Ale & Architecture: E 22nd Street
- Oct. 17, 2019 – Ale & Architecture: Loras College Upper Campus
- Nov. 21, 2019 – Walk & Talk: Dubuque Star Brewery
FEE FOR ARCHITREK TOURS:
Walk & Talk – $5 suggested donation
Ale & Architecture – $15 ($10 DuMA Members)