The Dubuque Museum of Art seeks to excite, engage and serve diverse communities within the Tri-State area through our collections, exhibitions and educational programs. We connect generations of people to their cultural heritage and exceptional art.
The Dubuque Museum of Art will be a leading cultural organization and a dynamic community hub. While enhancing our collections and exhibitions, we will foster lifelong learning and engagement with the arts to have a lasting impact on the quality of life in the Tri-State area.
1. Art has the power to change lives.
2. We base our efforts and relationships on trust, integrity, respect and accountability.
3. We adhere to professional ethics and museum standards in all operations and seek to maintain a high standard of artistic excellence.
4. We seek mutually beneficial partnerships to advance the role of the arts within our community.
5. We seek to be inclusive of diverse communities, cultures and ideas.
6. We seek to support and bring recognition to artists in our region.